Sunday, September 21, 2008

American Lunch Box


I never ate at a US school cafeteria but my mind stole that TV imagery and packed it tightly in a blue tin box. I am part of your everyday American lunch.



I am a life experience thief.
I will go after your peanut
Butter and jelly sandwich
Before I even know it exists.

Global thirst is my
Target.
Condensed milk in your
Tea.

Soy beans and Spanish
Ham,
Hunger of the red and white
Brand.

Golden arches hold my
Universal childhood's swing:
It's the world's endless playground,
Come and spice my
Chicken wings.

I grew up in an Oxo castle.
I had Marmite to spread.
Animal blood,
Black pudding,
Capitalism in Paris.

I am a life experience thief.
I'm your hunger,
I'm your thirst.
Take me out or dine me in.
Cross me out of every menu,
Or I'll try to eat you first.

A